I’ve just received a new corporate PC, and my old computer (a Dell XPS, 15”, 16 GB of RAM) was sitting at home, unused. So I decided to sell it and to buy a convertible - a tablet with a keyboard.
I’ve just completed the reading of a book calld The Phoenix Project - a Novel about IT, DevOps, and helping your business win.
I attended a hackaton recently: an italian bank organizes an event every year for employees only, me and another programmer friend were invited by an employee to conribute to his idea.
The story I’m going to talk about is not related to my current job, anyway.
Since money was invented, people felt the urge to advertise their products to others. I live very near to Pompeii (Italy) and if you visit this incredible town you’ll discover that in 79 a.D. there were a lot of ads painted on walls, trying to sell you wine, prostitutes, or ask for a vote.
When I started my career as a software developer I immediately become “friend” with the concepts of unit testing and integration testing. At the time (2012) the backend was written in Java and the frontend was written in GWT, a Java framework to build UIs that is compiled to JS.
Suppose you see that a website, or a URL, that seems to be unaccessible.
The purpose of this post is to give you, dear reader, an example of the configuration I use on some projects. Configuring the whole stack is sometimes frustrating. Here’s what works for me.